Sunday 13 January 2013

Goodbye winter & a cheeky hello to spring!

I have tried in vain to access my old blog from about eight years ago now, to no avail. Why I used a completely random email address and password I'll never know, and now I'll never know what they are! After making this blog six years ago, it's my new year's resolution to use it properly!

So...we are heavily into winter chic now, to the point where summer can really not come quick enough! What's a girl to do when it's 0 degrees outside, yet short sleeves are calling?! The sales are coming to a close, the panic bargain buying is almost at an end, and you can smell the spring high street collections coming! Of course in high fashion land they are well into the swing of summer, and will no doubt have wrapped up next year's A/W '13 lines which is a depressing thought. Fashion is so ahead of itself now more than ever, it'll end up doing a complete 360 degrees and we'll soon be in next summer's clothes, this summer! So, the dilemma is, what to wear when you need a flash of pillar box red instead of burgundy, and you need a jacket instead of your heavy duty (but chic, of course) puffer jacket? Well look no further, I am also keen for a change! This week I scrubbed off my Revlon 'Vixen' nail varnish for a coat of Barry M's 'Berry Ice Cream' to brighten up my finger tips. I got out my white and cream jumpers for a fresh flash of brightness (whilst keeping warmth) instead of my black and grey ones, and I started accessorising more with warmer-looking gold necklaces and bracelets - I had become so involved in the practicalities of being warm in this dreadful cold, looking good was starting to take a major hit! A flash of bright pink lip was also kept me on-trend, but contrasted against the plums and deep reds that had taken over, proving that bright lipstick is an instant pick-me-up for the winter blues! Are you starting to get sick of the sales and the cold now? What are your seasonal transition pieces and tricks?






xo.

No comments: